Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Midwest Fly Fishing Expo - 32nd Annual in Michigan - See Angler Artist Becca Schlaff

(Becca Schlaff - angler artist at this years show - read more about her and the end of this article)

32nd Annual
Midwest Fly Fishing Expo!!

March 12th and 13th, 2011 - Location: Warren, Michigan

Hours are Saturday from 9am - 6pm and Sunday from 10am - 4pm

Headliners include: Ed Engle, Kelly Galloup, Brian O'Keefe, Simon Gawesworth, and Eric Stroup

Join us for over 60,000 square feet of FLY FISHING FUN! All of the major equipment manufacturers will be there. Seminars by some of the biggest names in the sport. Visit our 100' indoor casting pond. An expanded Kids Korner this year - even more fun for the youngsters with bugs, fly tying, casting, and much more for the young fly fishers in the family.

Join us for the Expo at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center on south campus of Macomb Community College. Click on the link below for a detailed map and further information.

No credit cards accepted for admission. Cash only.

http://www.midwestflyfishingexpo.com/index.php


Any questions or concerns send me an email.
See you at the Expo!


Sincerely, Bruce Kramer (brucekramer@hotmail.com )
President, Michigan Fly Fishing Club

___________________________________________
About Becca Schlaff


I graduated from Michigan State University in May 2010 with a BFA in Art Education. Painting was my area of concentration. I am often asked how I got interested in this particular subject. A good friend of mine who is a fly fisherman knew I was an artist, so he told me to take a closer look at fish, and I have been hooked ever since.


I find the colors and patterns of fish scales to be so striking, and when combined with looking at them in their environments (like water rushing over their scales or the sun filtering through their fins) I discovered my love of the outdoors was in a way, paralleled with acknowledging the natural beauty of fish patterns. If I were a writer maybe I would be able to put into words the way I feel moved by the beauty of nature, but I’m a painter…so my medium of paint allows me to communicate visually my awe of the natural world.


Those who fly fish often find the imagery instantly recognizable but even people who do not fish find something spectacular in the work. This is what intrigues me and fuels my interest to paint fish as a subject.
___________________________________________

Note from She's So Fly:  Hope to see you all there!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More